[vbox-dev] VDE network

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 11:56:21 GMT 2010

>> NOTE: "--vdenet1 default", where "default" should be equal to your VDE
>> switch...
>>
>> Like:
>> /tmp/vde_sw1
>>
>> Additionally user permissions must match between VDE switch and the
>> user who runs VBox. (not sure, but probably)
>>
>> --
>> -Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

>> End of vbox-dev Digest, Vol 47, Issue 24
>

> thanks for the answer..
> i started both virtualbox and vde with root, i try to used them with XORP
> run as root to.
> * there is'nt network option vde on the qt gui. i'll looking for PUEL
> version.
> where can  i see the libplugvde that virtualbox search to enable-vde? maybe
> there was some bad on my vde procedure install.

I do not know where VBox searches for the path. It may be hardcoded,
but you can look at Mandriva Linux 2010 VDE RPM,
to see whey they place the libraries.

1. download their RPM
2. rpm -qilp vde.rpm

Reading "digest" mode is hard... Can you re-subscribe to the
mailing-list without "digest" option please ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"