[vbox-dev] SOLVED: VirtualBox Teleporting and SOAP API "waitForCompletion"

Knut Osmundsen knut.osmundsen at oracle.com
Sun Sep 19 13:55:19 GMT 2010

If you are using IVirtualBox::openRemoteSession (renamed on trunk) it's NOT the right way either. Take a look at what http://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_virtual_box.html#915f7609a00e888a15cbf74aef743bcc  and http://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_console.html#0191f0ffb739504065c05f6e33a65a7c says about teleportation. Before attempting call IConsole::teleport() you should wait for the progress object to reach the penultimate operation (IProgress::OperationCount - 2).

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
 bird

--

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG  Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24                    Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany          mailto:bird at sun.com

Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 Muenchen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 95603

Komplementaerin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
Geschaeftsfuehrer: J. Kunz, M. van de Molen, A. van der Ven