[vbox-dev] VirtualBox virtual device development

Jaka Bac jakabac at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:22:33 GMT 2010

Hello

I was looking at the code for the virtualbox's virtual devices and
there is something that I don't exacly understand.
I saw noticed that the one device implementation file actually
includes different handlers for device i/o (memory or port i/o), and
these are apparently compiled in more passes with different #define-s.
Could someone please explain what the IN_RING3 define specifies, and
what is the relationship with the handlers in the different contexts.

Thank you in advance and Best Regards,
Jaka Bac