[vbox-dev] RDP Client for Windows that supports the VRDP's USB redirection

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at ORACLE.COM
Mon Sep 13 11:39:31 GMT 2010

On 01.09.2010 20:13, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Is there an RDP client for Windows which supports the VRDP’s USB
> redirection?

mstsc.exe in principle supports extending its features by providing
plugins, however to my knowledge no one has worked on writing this. The
plugin would need to communicate the list of available USB devices on
the appropriate RDP channel, and redirect USB requests appropriately etc
etc.

The functionality (and a lot of code) can be carried over relatively
easily from rdesktop-vrdp.

> If not, is there a long-term plan to provide this functionality for
> Windows, or is it just going to be available in Linux/Sun Ray Software

I can only comment about the very near future (couple of weeks at most),
and in this timescale there won't be such functionality for Windows.

Klaus