[vbox-dev] Nested virtualization problem

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Wed Oct 13 19:35:53 GMT 2010

DBT
>on DBT or first gen HWS. Perhaps some functionality is not replicated
exactly as
>one would expect on physical hardware?  Maybe some shortcuts result in
corrupt
>memory if they are used in nested hypervisors? If you could confirm these
>assumptions or perhaps even give some greater insight in these problems, we
>would be extremely grateful.
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>Sam Verboven and Ruben Van den Bossche
>PhD Students
>University of Antwerp

Being able to do nested virtualization would be an amazing feature in
VirtualBox!!!!

We are in the training field, and if we could run hypervisor related
training like VMWare and Hyper-V on vbox that would be an outrageously
amazing feature.

In addition some software like the new Windows Phone 7 software emulator
uses virtualization.

Geoff