[vbox-dev] mouse events

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Tue Oct 12 08:29:50 GMT 2010

Hello Vincent,

Le lundi 11 octobre 2010 à 16:26 -0700, Vincent Yau a écrit :
> Do you have any recommendation how I can use IMouse (or some other
> VirtualBox API)  to simulate multi-touch input?  (if that is even
> possible)
Without some sort of hack I don't think you can do that without
extending the API.  The current API sends either single absolute events
or single relative events, with no way to associate a given event with a
given touch point.  I suppose with an X11 guest you could send both
absolute and relative events and treat them as two different touch
points of the same device if you fiddled with the driver setup enough.
Windows guests will not even let you do that, as the absolute event
driver disables relative events (or rather it relies on dummy events
send through the relative device to work).

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineer
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande