[vbox-dev] savestate operation and IProgress

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Nov 3 11:12:02 GMT 2010

Hi,

Ok so it seems VB automatically closes the session when the guest's
state is saved (make sense I suppose, but doesn't seem to entirely agree
with the SDK). This also seems to destroy the associated IProgress
object. How is one supposed to monitor the percentage complete of the
savestate operation? You could check to see if the session is still
open, but VB may still close the session before IProgress::getCompleted
is called which is probably more likely to happen using SOAP because of
the higher latencies between calls. It would seem I can only reliably
use IProgress::waitForCompletion and not report the percentage complete
of the operation. Has anybody else seen this, or is it just BS?

--
Ian Chapman.