[vbox-dev] cloneTo() API for remote host OpenSUSE 11.1

Manoj Devare deore.manoj at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:50:25 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to create CLONE of Virtual disk image with cloneto() API.
I have two hosts, with virtual box installed. Host one with window 7,
and SDK of Virtual box is installed.
I am using JAX-WS server for java programming.

the clone creation with cloneTo() API  works fine on localhost.

When I am trying to create a clone on Host 2, where host operating
system is OpenSUSE 11.1.
I logged into JAX-WS server of HOST 2, from HOST 1.

It is starting to create the clone at path  "/root/.Virtualbox/Harddisks/".
The operation shows progress up to 22% then it remains on same 22%,
not progressing further more...
      IMedium m2=null;
      m1=cl.vbox.findHardDisk("clone.vdi");
       m2=cl.vbox.createHardDisk("vdi", "clone1.vdi");
       ipo1=m1.cloneTo(m2, org.virtualbox_3_1.MediumVariant.STANDARD, null);
       System.out.println("Percentage= "+ipo1.getOperationPercent());

some one can help me.

Manoj