[vbox-dev] OSE edition's desktop entry

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Mon May 10 16:07:10 GMT 2010

Hi!

For RPM Fusion VirtualBox OSE package we used to replace the string "Sun
VirtualBox" which recently got changed to "Oracle VM VirtualBox" in the
desktop entry with "VirtualBox OSE" to avoid trade mark issues and
confusion with the commercial offering.

We've in fact never discussed this with upstream and I now feel that it
might be understood as stripping of credit where it's due. In attempt to
correct the possible mistake I'd like to hear from the developers:

Should we stick with what's in the source tarball or are you okay with
"VirtualBox OSE"?

Thank you,
Lubo

--
Flash is the Web2.0 version of blink and animated gifs.
                                     -- Stephen Smoogen