[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 3.2.0 Beta 2 withdrawn

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Fri May 7 10:27:11 GMT 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010, Antonio Doldo wrote:
> Il 07/05/2010 11:35, Alexey Eremenko ha scritto:
> > Frank Mehnert said "Due to a last-minute regression the 3.2.0 Beta 2
> > was withdrawn. We will fix the problem and upload new Beta 2 packages
> > ASAP. Sorry for the inconveniences!"
> >
> > Do you mean:
> >
> > Regression: XP *CRASH* with GuestAdditions BETA2
> > After installing Additions from BETA2, it take ~5 min to boot VM. It
> > is very slow, and finally XP guest crashes !
> > http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30633

Yes.

> I confirm that GA on Beta2, compiled from sources on ubuntu karmic
> amd64, don't work.
> I'm have not crashes, but the graphic are very slow and the mouse is not
> releases from XP guest.
> I resolved with ISO from BETA1 as suggested on the link posted.

Actually the guest additions services refuse to start. Only Windows
guests are affected.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz