[vbox-dev] 64-bit VM build for Mac OS X uses deployment options that break Leopard support

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 21 16:35:37 GMT 2010

Seems fair enough to require data exchanged between the kernel module
and user processes in the same bit-ness, but I'm wondering about
support for larger memory sizes via something like PAE on 32-bit
systems. The usable memory size is quite sharply limited at 2GB, which
works well enough for various *nix platforms but not so well for
Windows. I'm looking to get to a 64-bit system, but moving to Snow
Leopard is a problem for me, as I'm using ZFS, which is less well
supported under 10.6, the more so with 64-bit. My preferred option
would be moving to OpenSolaris, but I need USB support for the
OpenSolaris host and support for OS X guests. Any chance these
features have been worked over sufficiently that will be released in
3.2? PAE would be nice as a transition between the two host
environments, but I don't sense that there's any intention of
including this in current release plans. How close to the mark am I
here?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet