[vbox-dev] VBoxSDLFB Virtual Functions Error

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 8 10:45:14 GMT 2010

Jay schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> (apologies - I just posted this to the users list by accident)
>
> I am getting a strange C++ error while attempting to build the SDL interface (building against SDL 1.2.14):
>
> src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxSDL/VBoxSDL.cpp: In function ‘int TrustedMain(int, char**, char**)’:
> src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxSDL/VBoxSDL.cpp:1829: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘VBoxSDLFB’
> src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxSDL/Framebuffer.h:50: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘VBoxSDLFB’:
> out/darwin.intel64/release/dist/sdk/bindings/xpcom/include/VirtualBox_XPCOM.h:12450: note: virtual nsresult IFramebuffer::GetWinId(PRUint64*)
>
> Any hints/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for providing the mandatory information about the host platform
accidentally as part of the compiler error message... ;)

To my knowledge VBoxSDL never worked reasonably well on Darwin, so this
doesn't get tested at all. Obviously it doesn't even build successfully,
as there is no implementation of the GetWinId method for this platform.