[vbox-dev] IMachine::mediumAttachments and incorrect behavior using vboxwebsrv API

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 5 14:32:50 GMT 2010

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After quite a bit of testing, I believe there is definitely a problem
> with the IMachine::mediumAttachments webservice API.  Per the
> documentation, this API should return a collection of medium attachment
> objects (actually a handle for each attachment object).  Essentially a
> list (collection) with zero to many handles.
>
> This works well when there is more than one medium attachment in the
> list.  Whenever there is only one attachment in the list, the
> IMachine::mediumAttachments API actually returns a medium attachment
> object rather than a list with a single object (handle).
>
> It seems this is a problem with vboxwebsrv.  Has anyone encountered this
> problem using other API approaches (e.g: XPCOM) ?

I seem to remember that a bug in this area was found and fixed a while
ago. Which language do you use, which VirtualBox version and when did
you download the SDK?