[vbox-dev] What prevents from using a different BIOS ?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 22:17:49 GMT 2010

I am trying to extend the vbox BIOS module to support USB devices, and flash drive boot.

The current BIOS is 64k in size, what is the consequency if we increase the size to 128K? the usb code is rather large, 64k won't hold it.

Or, perhaps a better way, is to replace the whole bios code. Is there anything specific to vbox that makes this not to work? if not, is it going to be really difficult to port another BIOS to use with vbox?

The current bios code is monolithic, not easy to extend.