[vbox-dev] New OS bring up with Vbox ?

phi gcc phi.gcc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 18:00:46 GMT 2010

Hi Huihong,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> another HelloWorld type of article might interest you
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tips/boot-loader.aspx

This is interesting. I'll keep all this.

For now I am investigating the path of using a Vbox from the shelves,
I'd like to avoid develop code for it, because it sounds like the API
is pretty complete.

Regarding boot, I'd will try to bear with standard boot loader, as we
can customise how they call the initial function of the OS.

Yet I'd like to understand better how the guest could be cooperative
vs ignoring there is a host,  i.e what kind of guest return's I could
code into my new OS, since I have the complete control of my os, it is
not like traping all what the guest OS does and emulate underneath
what it wanted to do, but more something like I don't have all the
driver yet, and I could write small tiny drivers when called they
could guest return and ask the host to do the work...

I am still reading :)

Thanx for your advise
Cheers,
Phi