[vbox-dev] 3.2.2: rdesktop regression?

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 7 06:23:14 GMT 2010

On Monday 07 June 2010, sean darcy wrote:
> Can't connect to a Windows guest on a linux host:
>
> rdesktop 10.10.11.1
> Autoselected keyboard map en-us
> ERROR: connect: Connection refused
>
> On Remote Display, Enable Server checked, port 3389. No iptables on the
> host.
>
> rdesktop 10.10.11.1:3389
> didn't work. Changed the port to 3391
>
> rdesktop 10.10.11.1:3391
> didn't work.
>
> Won't connect from the host:
>
> rdesktop localhost
> Autoselected keyboard map en-us
> ERROR: localhost: unable to connect
>
> The windows guest works from the VB gui. And this used to work in 3.2.0.
>
> I've no clue how to debug this. Any thoughts?

Do

  tail -f ~/.VirtualBox/Machines/VM_NAME/Logs/VBox.log

when you are trying to connect via rdesktop. If the connection
refused then the RDP server is either not enabled or the RDP
server is enabled but refuses the connection for some reason.
The reason should be visible from reading the VBox.log file.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz