[vbox-dev] Need help in converting windows backup (*.img) to vmdk

jaswant chajed jaswant.chajed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 18:24:07 GMT 2010

Hello People,

I have a requirement of converting a windows backup image to a virtual disk
(vmdk and vhd).

Backup image is of format *.img. When I try to convert this to vmdk using
"VBoxManage.exe" on windows, I get following error after a while:

*Failed to write to disk image "i:\myvmdktest.vmdk":
VERR_IO_SECTOR_NOT_FOUND*

Note: Full command that I executed is : "*C:\Program
Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe convertfromraw
i:\w2k3-cdrive-bkp1.img i:\myvmdktest.vmdk --format vmdk --variant Standard*
"

Just to mention, image backup of C: on my pc was taken using ODIN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jaswant