[vbox-dev] Two build errors in today's svn OSE repository (r29884)

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Tue Jun 1 07:59:23 GMT 2010

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:30:04 +0200, Frank Mehnert <Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 31 May 2010, walt wrote:
>> I get two different errors today, depending on the arch:
>>
>> 1) x86 (gcc-4.3.4):
>>
>> vbox/src/VBox/Additions/linux/sharedfolders/regops.c:524:
>> error: ‘simple_sync_file’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> Which Linux kernel version do you have installed?
>
>> 2) amd_64 (gcc-4.4.3):
>>
>> vbox/src/VBox/Devices/PC/vbox.dsl   998:        0xdfdfffff,    // Range
>> Length Error 4118 - Length is not equal to fixed Min/Max window ^
>
> Which distribution is that? And which version of iasl are you
> using?

That one looks familiar. We already send the patch to the list a few weeks
ago but only a part of it got commited. The missing part fixes the above
problem.

http://svn.bluelife.at/index.cgi/blueports/view/emulators/virtualbox-ose/files/patch-src-VBox-Devices-PC-vbox.dsl

http://vbox.innotek.de/pipermail/vbox-dev/2010-May/002685.html

--