[vbox-dev] One more nasty stuck/crash of Qt GUI on Windows host

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 20:00:53 GMT 2010

2, I will build one for you

--- On Tue, 7/27/10, Alexey Eremenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Alexey Eremenko <al4321 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vbox-dev] One more nasty stuck/crash of Qt GUI on Windows host
To: "VirtualBox developer's list" <vbox-dev at virtualbox.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 11:25 AM

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> when something is freezing, usually indicates some kind of loop, or inter locking of some threads.
>
> If you attach a debugger to the process, then click Break All, it will most likely break into the place that is looping, or wait.
>
> You can download WinDbg, a very good debugger on Windows.
>
> One problem is that since VBox does not ship debugging symbols, you may need to build your own OSE code, which will generates debug symbol files.

1. I can get WinDbg up-n-running.

2. Can you provide me with binary VirtualBox (OSE) + debugging symbols ?
The build instructions for Windows hosts are very long.

3. I would be happy if VBox team provides debug symbols for PUEL version.
Probably as separate download, because if integrated into the main
package, it will increase download size for all users.
like: VirtualBox-3.2.6-63112-Win-debug-symbols.exe

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"