[vbox-dev] help for creating session problem

Andreas - Sun Microsystems pentagonik at sun.com
Thu Jan 14 17:24:37 GMT 2010

Hi,

how did you install VBox? Using the Windows installer? Does a created
VBox VM start at all using the VirtualBox GUI?

Error 0x80040154 means that the COM object isn't properly registered. If
that's the case you can re-register it doing a

VBoxSVC.exe /ReregServer
regsvr32 /s /u VBoxC.dll
regsvr32 /s VBoxC.dll

using a command line ADMIN prompt (not a normal user prompt!).
Additionally at least temporarily disabling the UAC might help.

Hope this helps,
-Andreas.