[vbox-dev] PulseAudio support rewrite [Patch]

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 11 17:40:06 GMT 2010

Art,

On Saturday 09 January 2010, Arthur Taylor wrote:
> Yay. Contributing to VirtualBox has been a nicer experience than most
> of my dealing with large projects. I have another small patch to
> submit for though. Changes include the aforementioned changed to
> record buffer metrics, as well as removal of pulse_ctl() and
> associated enumeration in favor of using the stream_success_callback
> for error detection. This does make log output less descriptive
> though. An issue which still probably needs addressing is the handling
> of errors. Currently all errors (such as connection termination, or
> stream read/write failures) are treated fatal and the machine will
> stop. Perhaps this should be handled so that audio stops but the
> machine can continue to run?

Patch slightly modified and applied, thanks!

Hmm, as far as I can see, the errors are not that fatal. The
pulseaudio output stops but the VM continues. I verified that by
killing the pulseaudio daemon while audio output was in progress.
How did you achieve to stop the VM due to a pulseaudio error?

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel