[vbox-dev] Presentation; Alt-OS devroom at FOSDEM

François Revol revol at free.fr
Mon Jan 4 15:50:38 GMT 2010

Hi,
just registered to the list...
I recently got a Mac and had to virtualize my old laptop and tried
VirtualBox which doesn't work too bad, considering I've yet to write
guest additions for BeOS (ZETA actually) and Haiku.

I'm a Haiku developer, and though I usually use QEMU to debug Haiku, I
know some of our devs use vbox.
http://haiku-os.org/

I'm still trying to build vbox though, seems I have an issue with 64/
32bit libs in OSX... (and I had to downgrade to 3.0.12 due to DHCP
issues)

Anyway, I'd like to take the opportunity to invite those of you who
develop "alternative" FOSS OSes (basically !linux) and who use vbox to
debug it to talk about it at the Alt-OS devroom (at FOSDEM, brussels,
7th feb.):

http://groups.google.com/group/rosetta-os/t/16964e21bef27116

We also welcome speaches about OS design, driver, application porting
and other topics of interest, specially about possible interoperability
with other OSes.

François.