[vbox-dev] PulseAudio support rewrite [Patch]

Arthur Taylor art at ified.ca
Sat Jan 2 04:56:42 GMT 2010

Arthur Taylor
 to vbox-dev

show details 8:55 PM (0 minutes ago)

Hello

A month ago I was approached by a VirtualBox user asking if I would
take a look at the VirtualBox PulseAudio support code because of work
I had done with PulseAudio and Wine. The attached patch is the result
of my investigation. The code is simpler in some places and commented
more. This patch's main purpose is that it fixes
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/4302 as pulse_run_in was completely
rewritten. The way streams are connected and buffers metrics chosen
was also simplified. Audio output should work as well as before or
better. From what I can tell audio capture support had stopped working
because of a PulseAudio daemon behavior change where it will now pass
very very small fragments rather than only large ones.

If the patch is needs improvement, I'm always wanting feedback. The
contents of the patch are derived from VirtualBox source code.
Contributions which are original are wholly my own work and are
licensed under the MIT licence.

Cheers

--
Arthur Taylor