[vbox-dev] Question about VirtualBox - FreeBSD

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 11 13:29:24 GMT 2010

Mark,

please subscribe to the vbox-dev mailing list, see here:

  http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

I will reply your E-mail to the list and cc: you. See below.

On Thursday 11 February 2010, Mark wrote:
> I just had a chat with the people maintaining the FreeBSD ports for
> VirtualBox, which we are also running on a few machines (currently 2). His
> remark was that he talked with 'virtualbox devs', and there was the remark
> that virtualbox could be made available if there were people requesting it.
>
> Since I guess that there might be more people interested, but at least I am
> :-), I was wondering about the status of a native FreeBSD version of
> VirtualBox. My main reason would be a decent kind of access to VM's, since
> now itmeans I have to install X on a headless box. The VNC addition doesn't
> seem to be included in a FreeBSD anytime soon, so time to look for the
> alternative.
>
> So... in short... are there possibilities? And if so, what are they?
> I currently have a box here that I'm working on to get installed for
> replacing another box, so I have some testing facilities. It's FreeBSD
> 8-Stable.

What do you exactly mean by 'virtualbox for FreeBSD could be made
available'? AFAIK, VirtualBox taken from our public SVN repository
should compile and work on FreeBSD ...

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels