[vbox-dev] Werror triggered on vbox OSE/svn

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 8 09:07:14 GMT 2010

Hi Walt,

On Saturday 06 February 2010, walt wrote:
> Hi vbox team.  Here is a warning from my amd64 machine (but *not* from
> my x86 machine):
>
> cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
> /home/wa1ter/src/vbox/src/VBox/Runtime/generic/RTLogWriteStdOut-generic.cpp
>: In function ‘void RTLogWriteStdOut(const char*, size_t)’:
> /home/wa1ter/src/vbox/src/VBox/Runtime/generic/RTLogWriteStdOut-generic.cpp
>:42: error: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t,
> size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

should be fixed in SVN. However, we will probably disable -Werror
for OSE. If it still does not compile you can do

  VBOX_WITH_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=

in your LocalConfig.kmk.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels