[vbox-dev] Actually adding a disk provider to a running VM ???

Christophe Devriese christophe.devriese at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:16:11 GMT 2010

I have added a new "HDDCore" in Devices/Storage (just a ramdisk, by way of
an exercise before trying something more ambitious).

It compiles, and it's added statically to the list of registered backends.

Now how do I create a VM that actually uses this new backend ? Would it be
best to use a python script that uses IVirutalBox::CreateHardDisk ? Is
"format" identical to "backend" ? And the documentation states then to call
"createBaseStorage", which i assume I can forego if it's not image backed,
right ?

Kind regards,

Christophe