[vbox-dev] VBoxHeadless changes b/w 3.0.x and 3.1.2?

Lev Lvovsky lists2 at sonous.com
Mon Feb 1 17:37:33 GMT 2010

Hello,

I decided to upgrade to the latest release (3.1.2) for OS X hosts from 3.0.10.  I typically run VBoxHeadless from launchd as a regular user.  Subsequent to the upgrade, VBoxHeadless crashes with a crashlog which I'm attaching.

The VirtualBox GUI starts up just fine, and allows the instance to run with no errors.

Prior to VBoxHeadless actually starting up, I get a dialog prompting me (non-root user) to enter my password "to allow VBoxHeadless to make changes", similar to the following post:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21757#p95202

The problem is that in my case even after providing the password, I get the crash.

I'm currently stuck using 3.0.12 as the newer versions do not allow me to run VBoxHeadless.

Any info/suggestions appreciated

Thank you,
-lev