[vbox-dev] Definition of MediumVariant

wei ma wei.ma1222 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:25:12 GMT 2010

2010/1/29 Klaus Espenlaub <Klaus.Espenlaub at sun.com>

> wei ma wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone
>> I've been reading source code of vboxmanage recently,and i realized the
>> MediumVariant and MediumVariant_T were used repeatedly.
>> but i didn't find the definitions of them.i guess that should be an enum
>> structure.
>>

> All (xp)com idl-related type definitions are in an auto-generated header
> file created by the IDL compiler. The SDK contains these both for COM and
> XPCOM, in sdk/bindings/mscom/include/VirtualBox.h and
> sdk/bindings/xpcom/include/VirtualBox_XPCOM.h respectively.
>

>  so can anyone tell me how this thing was defined?
>>

> Is this really so hard to find?
>
> Klaus

Thanks for answering me.Sorry for sending the mail without adding the
mailing list to the CC.I didn't mean it,just carelessness.
The scource code of VirtualBox i'm reading is 3.1.2,then i discover that the
version i'm coding for is 3.0.2,so i upgrade my version to 3.1.2.Then i
realized that some definetions has changed in the latest version.That
resolve some of my problems.
But unfortunately,for some reasons i have to code with C API but not C++ or
python.And my issue about CreateBaseStorage still left unresloved after i
upgrade my VirtualBox to 3.1.2.
My code looks like this:
/* hdisk Created*/
/*Start to Create Storage*/
rc=hdisk->vtbl->CreateBaseStorage(hdisk,1000,MediumVariant_Standard,&progress);
if(NSFAILED(rc))
{
}
/*Storage Created*/
The function failed every time i tried.I cannod find out the reason.
Hoping for some advice,and thanks a lot.
<http://www.nciku.cn/search/en/carelessness>