[vbox-dev] KVM & VirtualBox

Michael van der Kolff mvanderkolff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:35:03 GMT 2010

I was thinking of attempting to write a patch to make VirtualBox use
KVM for its CPU (KVM only implements the CPU, it doesn't implement
platform - that's someone else's job). So, I read alternately the
doxygen documentation & the VBox source code (kvm-all.c from qemu
shows how to handle all of the stuff that KVM can chuck back - simple
once one sees how...).  Anyway, I was looking to join the bits that do
MMIO & IO, and the doxygen documentation & names, categorisation,
etc... would seem to imply that IOMMMIO{Read/Write} are responsible
for that - except it would seem that they aren't called anywhere right
now.

How exactly is MMIO handled in VirtualBox right now?

Cheers,

Michael