[vbox-dev] v4.0.0_BETA2 - IVRDEServer

Achim Hasenmüller achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com
Sun Dec 12 19:01:38 GMT 2010

VBoxManage source code is usually a good place to look for how to use an API. Here's what the current source code says:

1884	            case MODIFYVM_VRDPPORT:
1885	            {
1886	                vrdeWarningDeprecatedProperty("vrdpport", "TCP/Ports", ValueUnion.psz);
1887
1888	                ComPtr<IVRDEServer> vrdeServer;
1889	                machine->COMGETTER(VRDEServer)(vrdeServer.asOutParam());
1890	                ASSERT(vrdeServer);
1891
1892	                if (!strcmp(ValueUnion.psz, "default"))
1893	                    CHECK_ERROR(vrdeServer, SetVRDEProperty(Bstr("TCP/Ports").raw(), Bstr("0").raw()));
1894	                else
1895	                    CHECK_ERROR(vrdeServer, SetVRDEProperty(Bstr("TCP/Ports").raw(), Bstr(ValueUnion.psz).raw()));
1896	                break;
1897	            }

On Dec 12, 2010, at 19:27 , Joseph Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IVRDEServer appears to be missing an important element: 'Ports'.
>
> In 3.2.x, the ports field stored the port(s) that were to be used for RDP connections.  A single value or a range could be provided.
>
> The 4.0 BETA2 UI does seem read-in the values that existed prior to the upgrade to 4.0 and can also update/add new values too.
>
> The documentation and API however does not have this field.  How will a port (or range of ports) be specified for RDP connections for a VM?
>
> The v4.0 IVRDEServer API adds two new methods to the IVRDEServer class (set/get VRDEProperty) that were not present in 3.2.x.  It seems these methods allow get/set of key and value pairs.
>
> Are these two new methods the way in which port information will be get/set?  Is there a list of valid properties that can/should be used?
>
> I looked through the SDK documentation but did not find anything on this.
>

> Thanks,
> Joe

---
Achim Hasenmüller | Director Engineering VirtualBox
Phone: +49 (0) 7151 60405-150
Oracle Virtualization

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstrasse 24 | 71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande