[vbox-dev] how to shutdown VBox open APIs?

Achim Hasenmüller achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com
Thu Dec 9 18:29:01 GMT 2010

Huihong,

the COM API access control is a great idea, I've been pondering about this for years. If you find a way to do this (basically you have to whitelist the process when IVirtualBox gets instantiated), it would be awesome.

Regarding further protection, I'm not a fan. It's a rat race. Some customer has created a setup on Windows hosts where VBox runs as a different user and apparently they were able to circumvent UAC by writing their own runas service. I don't have more details.

Achim