[vbox-dev] detailed paths from vm i/o to host?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 15:08:05 GMT 2010

Achim and Knut,

Thanks for the info.

As I understand, ESX-i has all emulations done inside the hypervisor layer, I was wondering if that migh be one of the reason that it's faster, and thus my question.

ESX-i must have lower level device drivers with the hypersior, I guess, as it does i/o inside hypervisor.

In other words, if someone uses VBox code to do a type I hypervisor, would be the performance close to ESX-i? (I know that would be a big undertaking)

Huihong