[vbox-dev] Something wrong with testcases on x86-64

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Aug 26 09:23:35 GMT 2010

Manio,

On Wednesday 25 August 2010, Manio wrote:
> Current svn revision (the problem exists at least for a month for me) is
> failing to build on 64-bit linux (i am using current debian testing).
>
> If this e-mail is unreadable because of line breaks - please take a look
> at ticket 7375: http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7375
>
> Here is a log from compilation:
> kBuild: Linking VBoxSDL
> /usr/src/vbox/out/linux.amd64/release/bin/tstVMStructRC: 1: Syntax
> error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

builds fine here. I suggest you to remove the file

  /usr/src/vbox/out/linux.amd64/release/bin/tstVMStructRC

and try to recompile the package. You also might want to do 'svn update'
before. The current revision (r31975) builds fine here on different
hosts.

Btw, any reason why are you compiling under /usr/src? You don't compile
VBox as root, do you?

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande