[vbox-dev] [OSE.svn] Fatal assertion while booting Win7 guest on linux host

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:54:59 GMT 2010

Hi devs,

The assertion listed below is *not* hit on ubuntu, opensolaris, xp32, or Win2K
guests.

The assertion *is* hit during boot using Win7 (32 and 64-bit) and xp64 guests.

The host is 64-bit linux (latest kernel from linus.git) on gentoo ~AMD64.

klogd: Location  : /u/wa1ter/src/vbox/src/VBox/VMM/VMMAll/PGMAllPool.cpp(3116) bool pgmPoolTrackFlushGCPhysPTInt(VM*, const PGMPAGE*, bool, uint16_t, uint16_t)^M

Just curious if anyone else is hitting the same assertion.  I'm happy to post the
vbog logs if they're of any interest.

Thanks, and I wish you a good weekend :)