[vbox-dev] external vrdp auth library

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Aug 16 08:56:25 GMT 2010

On 11.08.2010 02:50, Geoff Nordli wrote:

>> bounces at virtualbox.org] On Behalf Of Klaus Espenlaub
>> Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 2:35 AM
>>
>> On 02.08.2010 05:33, Geoff Nordli wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I am looking for someone to build a cross platform vrdp auth library
>>> which will call a web service to authenticate the user accessing the VM.
>>
>> Note that the VRDPAuthSimple module has been beefed up recently (will be in
>> 3.2.8 and is already visible in the subversion repository) and should be
> able to
>> serve as a reasonable template.
>>
>> The new version authenticates against "extradata" entries in the VM config
> (i.e.
>> even allows for different passwords for different VMs), and that code
> should be
>> easy to replace with any other authentication style.
>>
>> It now also handles the case used by the authentication in the VirtualBox
>> webservice, which obviously cannot use VM specific authentication and thus
> uses
>> global "extradata" in this case.
>>
>>> If you are interested in this project drop me an email with your cost
>>> estimate and hourly rate.
>>
>> Just wanted to add a few infos which might help (finding) a contractor...
>>
>> Klaus
>
> Does the vrdpauthsimple library come with the binary distribution or do we
> need to compile it?
>
> I can't seem to find it on the disk anywhere.

Sorry about the late answer - just checked if all installers contain the
file. The Windows, OSX and Solaris packages have it, and due to an
oversight it is missing in all 3.2.8 Linux packages (will be rectified
with 3.2.10 of course). As a workaround you could build it yourself, the
sources are included in the SDK package.

Klaus