[vbox-dev] Is there issue with IProgress_waitForCompletion?

DavidW wyx1999 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 03:17:40 GMT 2010

I just did some more tests, found it is not the waitForCompletion. It should
be the SessionObject related, here is what I do

1, IWebsessionManager_getSessionObject

2, power up virtual machine 1 - IVirtualBox_openRemoteSession

3, ISession_close

4, IWebsessionManager_getSessionObject

5, power up virtual machine 2 - IVirtualBox_openRemoteSession

6, ISession_close

I randomly get error on step 5, the error is "The given session is already
open or being opened"

I found the session object id I get after step 1 and step 4 are the same, so
it seems keep get the same session. That may explain why I get the error.

I then try the following

1, IWebsessionManager_logon

2, IWebsessionManager_getSessionObject

3, power up virtual machine 1 - IVirtualBox_openRemoteSession

4, ISession_close

5,IWebsessionManager_logoff

6,IWebsessionManager_logon

7, IWebsessionManager_getSessionObject

8, power up virtual machine 2 - IVirtualBox_openRemoteSession

9, ISession_close

10,IWebsessionManager_logoff

So I  logon/off for each call, this time, I get different session object id,
and doesn't look like I get the error anymore.

But it doesn't sound very reasonable to me, do I have to logon/logoff for
each action?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks