[vbox-dev] external vrdp auth library

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Aug 2 09:34:48 GMT 2010

On 02.08.2010 05:33, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am looking for someone to build a cross platform vrdp auth library
> which will call a web service to authenticate the user accessing the VM.

Note that the VRDPAuthSimple module has been beefed up recently (will be
in 3.2.8 and is already visible in the subversion repository) and should
be able to serve as a reasonable template.

The new version authenticates against "extradata" entries in the VM
config (i.e. even allows for different passwords for different VMs), and
that code should be easy to replace with any other authentication style.

It now also handles the case used by the authentication in the
VirtualBox webservice, which obviously cannot use VM specific
authentication and thus uses global "extradata" in this case.

> If you are interested in this project drop me an email with your cost
> estimate and hourly rate.

Just wanted to add a few infos which might help (finding) a contractor...

Klaus