[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 3.2.0 Beta 1 released
Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 28 01:45:45 PDT 2010
Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines!
A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release
meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
You can download the binaries here:
(don't worry about the IP address, this is a temporary Oracle server)
Please do NOT open bug reports at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker
but use our 'VirtualBox Beta Feedback' forum at
to report any problems with the Beta.
Version 3.2.0 will be a major update. The following major new features
* Following the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle Corporation,
the product is now called Oracle VM VirtualBox and all references
were changed without impacting compatibility.
* Experimental support for Mac OS X guests
* Memory ballooning to dynamically in- or decrease the amount of RAM used
by a VM (64-bit hosts only) (see the manual for more information)
* CPU hot-plugging for Linux (hot-add and hot-remove) and certain Windows
guests (hot-add only) (see the manual for more information)
* New Hypervisor features: with both VT-x/AMD-V on 64-bit hosts, using
large pages can improve performance (see the manual for more information);
also, on VT-x, unrestricted guest execution is now supported (if nested
paging is enabled with VT-x, real mode and protected mode without paging
code runs faster, which mainly speeds up guest OS booting)
* Support for deleting snapshots while the VM is running
* Support for multi-monitor guest setups in the GUI (see the manual for
* USB tablet/keyboard emulation for improved user experience if no Guest
Additions are available
* LsiLogic SAS controller emulation
* RDP video acceleration
* NAT engine configuration via API and VBoxManage
* Guest Additions: added support for executing guest applications from
the host system
* OVF: enhanced OVF support with custom namespace to preserve settings that
are not part of the base OVF standard
Please see the forum for a complete list of all changes since version 3.1.6.
Thanks for your help!
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/attachments/20100428/cd87a82d/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the vbox-dev