[vbox-dev] Specific 3D support in the future

Sander van Leeuwen Sander.Vanleeuwen at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 27 08:48:06 GMT 2010

Please open a ticket on our bug tracking system
(http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker). This is not the appropriate
place
to discuss bugs or feature requests. Thank you.

On 27-4-2010 9:37, Jonas Mellin wrote:
> I tried to use OGRE (http://www.ogre3d.org/) in VirtualBox since you
> claim to support 3d features and I wanted to try out this combination
> for a research demonstrator project. I received the following exception:
>
> OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): No GLX FBConfig support on your
> display in GLXGLSupport::GLXGLSupport at
> /home/student/ogre/RenderSystems/GL/src/GLX/OgreGLXGLSupport.cpp (line 787)
>
> Although I am unsure of that you can interpret this, my question is if
> a) this is a bug?
> b) if it is not a bug, then do you plan to support this "GLX FBConfig"
> in the future?
>
> Essentially, I want to use Gazebo (a robot environment 3D simulator
> based on OGRE) in a dynamic deployment profile of the demonstrator we
> are constructing. The potential performance penalty of using it on top
> of VirtualBox may be prohibitive, but I am currently investigating
> possibilities.
>
> Regards/Jonas Mellin

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Met vriendelijke groet

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Sander van Leeuwen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:Sander.Vanleeuwen at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boehmer