[vbox-dev] x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++.exe not found on x64 machine

Michael Martin mcmartin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 00:02:01 GMT 2010

Ben Zhu wrote,
>I am building the VBox on x64 Windows and got an error that tells  cannot find the x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++.exe.
>Can someone tell where I can find and download the x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++.exe?

As far as I can tell, you'll need to build it yourself; you need to
install a MinGW development environment anyway, and then you can use
it to build a recent gcc cross-compiler targeting
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

Doing this properly will also require you to build a sysroot that has
a version of glibc installed in it; the easiest way to get one of
those is to take the glibc-devel packages from Fedora or Debian or
whatnot and extract them into the directory you set as --with-sysroot.
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ will also discuss the prerequisites.

You'll still need the 32-bit MinGW to build VirtualBox; both are
needed at different points in the install.