[vbox-dev] VNC server patch

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Fri Apr 2 23:26:52 GMT 2010

Thanks! The VNC server works fine for me, even in text mode. Perhaps the
text mode VM has blanked the screen? ;-)

The attached patch adds support for absolute mouse pointer updates and
some code to free the VNC framebuffer object.

It appears that, while properly shutting down the virtual machine
(either via savestate or ACPI), the call to session->Close() in
VBoxHeadless.cpp causes a segmentation fault. This does not seem to
affect the operation though. This problem exists even with the VNC
extension disabled, so I suppose it is not related to the VNC code.

Ivo