[vbox-dev] sed error, building on Mac OS X 10.5

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Wed Sep 30 08:48:31 GMT 2009

Jacques Du Preez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build VirtualBox on Mac OS X, 10.5. When I run
> ./configure I receive the following error: "sed: 1:
> "install_sh=/Users/jacqu ...": command i expects \ followed by text"
>
> It seems there's a problem with my sed. Has anyone else seen this
> error? Any ideas on how I can fix it? I am trying to find more info
> about it as I'm typing this, but other than that there's a problem with
> my sed I do not know...
>
> Thank you for any help or advice given,

That's probably caused by some program or script that configure is
invoking.  Take a look at configure.log and use that to figure out where
it is in the detection process and which program/script on your system
which is failing.  If you cannot figure it out, you can try post the
configure.log here.

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
  Knut

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:bird at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel