[vbox-dev] Best way to move a vm to another pc?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 16:29:35 GMT 2009

This is a typical scenario:

Use eSATA external harddisk to store a vm, and move it around a few different hosts for testing.

What's the best way for this? Export/Import as Virtual Appliance seems to be overkill.

Is it possible to extend the settings xml file a little bit, e.g., add a path attribute for the virtual disk file. If still no uuid attribute yet, then register the hard disk? VM also auto registers when xml file is first opened.

a simple way to store everything (inclduding snapshots) into a single folder, then can open the vm on another pc, would be nice.

- hl