[vbox-dev] about Hyper-V hypercall interface?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 05:55:24 GMT 2009

Not sure if this makes sene. I was wondering whether performance would be improved if vbox implements Hyper-V enlightenment interfaces?

Windows 7 (and later) is hypervisor aware. You can confirm this by checking the presence of winhv.sys, vmbus.sys, etc in system32\drivers dir. These drivers can pass through hardware requests directly to host. What if vbox implement some of them, and Windows 7 thinks itself is running on top of a hypervisor, hopefully it will be better performed as a guest OS?

Any plan in this direction?

I checked Xen code, it implements a few of such calls.

Just my 2 cents,

Thanks,

- Huihong