[vbox-dev] Can ACPI and IO APIC options be eliminated?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 00:53:55 GMT 2009

Any chance to remove them? and vbox does some kind of automatic check?

I noted that VMware and Virtua PC don't have these kind of options.

These two options always give me problems.

e.g., on a single vm with dual boot XP and Vista. Vista requires IO APIC whereas XP does not need it. So have to keep changing these options in order to make them to boot.

This may not be a big issue for vms created from OS CDs, but a really annoying issue for P2V VMs.

I was just curious how VMware/VPC deal with them  without providing such options?