[vbox-dev] GuestAddtions OSE: VBoxService.exe does not start

Sebastian Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 14:41:15 GMT 2009

Andreas - Sun Microsystems, Inc. wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> thanks for the report. What happens if you start the VBoxService.exe
> from command line specifying "VBoxService -f -vvv" after stopping any
> running instance of VBoxService first? This makes the service run in
> foreground with verbose output.

Hi!
Yes, that one runs ....
Log is attached.
* VBox 3.0.4 on XP Pro SP3
* VBox GA OSE 3.0.2 on the XP Pro SP3 guest
* VBoxService 3.0.6 version (in system32 dir)
(a bit mixed up, I'm currently upgrading ...)

Problem is, I did not get any log messages when running in service mode and using -vvv ...

Development env:
* Visual Studio 2005 sp1
* Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
* DDK 3790.1830
* DirectX SDK 2008-08

Thanks,
Sebastian