[vbox-dev] GuestAddtions OSE: VBoxService.exe does not start

Sebastian Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 14:22:47 GMT 2009

Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:00:15 +0200
> "S. Brandt" <sbrandt at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Since version 3.0.0, I have the problem that the VBoxService.exe
>> compiled from the sources (OSE version) does not start.
>> All other guest additions tools work w/o problems, but the service does
>> not start. I already posted here some time ago, but no help available ...
>> (see 06.07.2009, OSE guest additions, VBoxService does not start)
>
> 	With Virtualbox for Linux amd64, it seems that the "Install
> guest additions..." doesn't work anymore (with beta it worked). Did
> someone notice this too?
Hi!
Please post this in a different thread.
The GA we are discussing about are the Open Source Edition ones, which are
*not* the ones integrated into the menü/installer (PUEL).
PUEL are distributed as iso/downloaded via the menu item,
OSE/GPL you need to compile yourself (but no non-commercial license
restriction).

Yours,
Sebastian