[vbox-dev] app crash bug

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Wed Oct 28 09:58:35 GMT 2009

Huihong Luo wrote:
> DrvScsi.cpp line 819
>
> pThis->pDrvIns == NULL
>
> static void drvscsiWaitForPendingRequests(PDRVSCSI pThis, const char
> *pszEvent)
> {
> /*
> * Try make sure any pending I/O has completed now.
> */
> if (pThis->pQueueRequests)
> {
> if (!drvscsiAsyncIOLoopNoPendingDummy(pThis, 20000 /*ms*/))
> {
> LogRel(("drvscsi%s#%u: previous dummy request is still pending\n",
> pszEvent, pThis->pDrvIns->iInstance));  <====== crash here
> return;
> }

DRVSCSI::pDrvIns wasn't initialized in the constructor. Fixed. Will be
available shortly.

Thanks for reporting the bug. (Although, I fear there will be more as
you shouldn't hit this LogRel()... We'll get to them in a few days.)

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
  Knut

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:bird at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel