[vbox-dev] split 2g vmdk seems to have some issues

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 27 10:04:13 GMT 2009

Huihong Luo wrote:
> for example
>
> (1) create a 40G disk as split2G, then attach to a xp guest vm, it won't
> format

Confirmed. Investigating the reason for the incorrect reporting of
VERR_OUT_OF_RANGE for perfectly valid sector numbers.

> (2) VDCopy(VD_VMDK_IMAGE_FLAGS_SPLIT_2G) throws VERR_OUT_OF_RANGE sometimes

This is certainly caused by the same issue. However I don't see any
reason why this should be "sometimes", as the out of range check is
against data which isn't supposed to change after an image is created.