[vbox-dev] fixed - VHD not readable by Hyper-V

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 15 11:24:12 GMT 2009

Huihong Luo wrote:
> found another bug, I've attached the patch
>
> two bugs:
> (1) parent locators set to zero for base images
> (2) block allocation table to be block-size aligned (2M)
>
> after these two fixes, vbox vhds works well on Hyper-V, I tested quite
> some large vhd files from p2v, all works fine now.
>
> These two fixes should be very safe to check in, (not sure if it may
> break snapshots, though)

Thanks a lot for those fixes (and the previous ones as well), I'll try
to find time myself to apply them in the near future - or find someone
else who will handle it.

What I wanted to ask earlier already - did you read
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Contributor_information ? Which of the
two contribution options (SCA or MIT licensed patches) do you pick?

Again, we're very grateful for the excellent contributions.

Klaus